Pasture Planting & Maintenance Guide
- Remove old vegetation to prepare a clean seed bed.
- Pastures: use disc, Rota Tiller, Power Rake or any means to kill/remove existing vegetation and prepare a clean seedbed.
- Drag area to loosen and level any hard or uneven spots if needed.
- Apply fertilizer at 250 lbs. per acre for pastures.
- Apply seed at 50-100 lbs. per acre for pastures.
- Drag, rake or roll to lightly cover the seed not deeper than 1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Apply lawn irrigation for 30 minutes each evening until soil is damp and germination has occurred.
- After the grass reaches six inches in height water three times a week if needed.
- Reapply fertilizer at 250 lbs. per acre at three months of age.
- Keep the grass mowed at 6-10 inches during the establishment process (2-3 months).
Apply 50-100 lbs. per acre.
- Overseed pastures at 20-30 lbs. per acre.
- Lightly disc, drag or scratch to cover overseeded areas.
- Mow at 6-10 inches for weed control and uniform grazing.
- Fertilize with 250 lbs. per acre three times per year (April, July, October).
- For assistance with your paricular situation please contact us .
Hancock Farm& Seed Company
Hancock Farm and Seed Company is a family owned, state licensed, wholesale distributor of all types of grass seed for residential, commercial and agricultural use. We have been a grower, harvester, processor and distributor of lawn, pasture and wildlife seed in the state of Florida for the past thirty years. Our mission is to provide the highest quality grass seed available direct from the farm to the consumer.
Hancock’s Warranty Clause:
Hancock Seed Co. Warrants to the extent of the purchase price that seeds sold are as described on the seed analysis, within recognized tolerance. No further warranty expressed or implied. There is no warranty given to the performance of the seedlings after germination. Florida and other southern states require as a prerequisite to maintaining a legal action based upon the failure of above listed seed to germinate according to seed analysis, sworn complaint shall be made to the Florida Dept. of Agriculture within such time as to permit inspection of the plants, accompanied by the required filing fee of $10.00 and a copy of the complaint shall be sent to the seller by certified mail in accordance with section 678.26 Florida Statutes. General Authority 578.11 (2), FS Law Imp. 578.26, FS History 10-1-1983.
Hancock Farm & Seed Co., Inc.
18724 Hancock Farm Rd.
Dade City, FL 33523